Get Involved With Null Hypothesis
At Null Hypothesis, the Journal of Unlikely Science we rely on your contributions to provide the freshest, funniest and sometimes downright strangest science articles on the web. This is your chance to become a member of our exclusive band of wits, wags and waggamuffins.
Why should I write for the Null?
By contributing to the Null you can achieve great things:
- You’ll get heard. If you air your thoughts, musings and merriment here, the World will listen.
- You’ll build up journalistic experience. Even if you don’t want to be a journalist, good communication is a vital skill; and if you do want to chance your arm at a career in print, then this is the best place to cut your teeth.
- You’ll have an online portfolio. For every contributor we produce a dedicated page which showcases your articles and allows you to include more information about yourself. These are very handy for impressing employers, publishers and potential sweethearts.
- You’ll enhance the lives of people all around the globe. Folk from over a hundred countries, three principalities and the newly-declared People’s Republic of Holbrook* regularly log on to our site.
- It’ll make you feel right chirpy. We’ve even uncovered evidence to show Shakespeare was never happier than when he was ‘down the lab’ writing up a few experiments. It beat writing all that lovey-dovey, Romeo and Juliet stuff. See the proof.
Whatever you want. If you’d like to gain experience, but want a bit of help and direction, join our team of top-class news writers. However, if you’ve already got an idea and would like to kick off the shackles of the mundane and plunge yourself into a heady ferment of truths, half-truths and sheer unadulterated poppycock just get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm not sure I could think of anything to write - is that a problem?
Not at all. We're brimming with ideas here at Null HQ and we just don't have time to put them all into action. Just drop us an email an we can talk through some possibilities: email@example.com.
What kind of joker writes for you anyway?
Our writers are a bunch of beautiful, happy-go-lucky sparks who rejoice in bringing joy and laughter to the world around them. Any reports that they are the kinds to give chinese burns to puppies are absolutely false. You can meet them here.
Is it only written content you’re looking for?
Absolutely not – send us your video clips, sound bites, games, experiments, gadgets and anything else you can think of. We want it all!
What’s the first step?
You know you want to give it a go so either contact the news team on firstname.lastname@example.org or the content office on email@example.com. You’ll like it when you’ve tried it.
*Holbrook is a small and particularly lovely village in south Suffolk, UK. It might be a slight exaggeration to claim it has declared independence. But we live in hope.